Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Grocery shopping the normal way


My Sicilian genes have given me curly hair, a yearning to farm eggplant, and an affinity for drinking copious amounts of vino. So, when I found out I could grocery shop while drinking a glass of Fontanafredda, I regained hope in humanity and cried tears of exaltation. After all, this store feels so normal to me - of course I should be able to munch on caponata while looking for truffle oil. Eataly combines my favorite things: drinking, eating, and buying things. The lovechild of Lidia Bastianich, Mario Batali, and Oscar Farinetti (or as I like to call them "two men and an awesome lady"), Eataly is not your ordinary market. Home to eleven restaurants, a shopping trip holds endless possibilities. Perhaps I will drink a Baladin Nora while picking up some slabs of formaggio... or maybe I'll check out the gigantic Barilla section while munching on some prosciutto di parma.. OR BOTH! Eataly, I salute you.

P.S. A birreria, or beer garden, is opening this spring - sunshine, Peroni, and antipasto misto anyone?



Eataly
200 5th Ave
New York, NY 10010

No comments:

Post a Comment